Sunday, March 13, 2011

Desk cleanup and organization

So one of the blogs that I absolutely love is I Heart Organizing. Jen's pictures are always gorgeous, her posts are always interesting, and her personality totally shines through in her writing. Her organizing and makeover posts, truly inspiring. Afterall, she does <3 organizing.

Inspired by her projects, I decided one of my own was in order, starting exactly where I'm sitting now.
My desk.
Was a complete mess.
It was a dumping ground for stuff, some of it not even mine... so a massive cleanout was definitely in order.





After assessing what I had, what had a different home, and what I actually needed to use in this space/what I actually wanted to look at, here are the results!

Inside the orange box I stashed all my electronics accessories- headphones, extra speakers, external hard drive, chargers, cords, etc.

I decided to turn the magnetic white board into an inspiration board with magazine cutouts of outfits and accessory ideas, etc.

A decorated soup can for pencil storage... and a daffodil to brighten the day- picked a few days ago as a first sign of spring... and it's raining outside today.
And of course, we love a good before and after :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you really did a great job making over your desk space! I am beyond impressed with how much more streamlined and user friendly it is! I am so grateful that you shared with me!

    xoxo,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete