Friday, March 4, 2011

Dad's Finished BDay Gifts

As promised, here are the finished pictures of my Dad's birthday gifts.
The sunset photo cork coasters:












 And the wine cork picture holder:

This photo I used to demonstrate is very special to me. This is me as a little girl with my kitty Tabitha. We got her when I was 6 years old. Or I should say, she picked me when I was 6 years old. I was in first grade and one of the teacher's cat had had kittens. They had our class sit cross-legged in a circle and brought a kitten in to the center. She immediately came straight to me and curled up in my lap, kneading her paws on my tights. My teacher made me push her off so the other kids could get a chance to pet the kitty who was then named Goldy. I knew immediately that I had to have her, and eventually I was able to bring Tabitha home.

She lived a long and I hope happy life of 17 years and passed away on May 7, 2010. She was like a best friend, sister, and daughter all wrapped up into one and I miss her every day. She will always be my baby kitten and I only hope she is able to find some peace. Je t'adore toujours Tabitha Sue.

No comments:

Post a Comment