Friday, May 6, 2011

Mother's Day a little early...

This year we had a Mother's Day dinner a little early. My brother and his girlfriend, Melissa, invited my parents and I, as well as Melissa's mom and her friend, over tonight for a little early celebration and some yummy food. Side note: look how good I am posting on the same night :).

I decided to wear a shirt Melissa had given me (one girl's donate bin is another girl's wardrobe right?) and try out something new with my hair- pinning both sides back while trying to create some volume. I'm still figuring out new things to do with my hair being this long. I know, I know, for most people my hair isn't long... but I haven't had my hair this long in let's say six years. Before I let my hair grow for the past year (no haircut= free) this is how short it was:


Wow, looking at that makes me want to chop it off right now. Short hair is so much easier. But anyways, I didn't intend this to be a whole post about hair.

Instead here's a picture from tonight... apparently upon inspecting my brother's photography skills in this shot.. not so great. Maybe it didn't show up when he took the shot, but I asked him if it looked good (because he only took one) and he said "yeah".



I'm not even sure what happened with that light in front of my face... but apart from that I'd say it's a good  picture. My alternative was one taken while I was talking mid-sentence. Or there's always a picture taken by holding one's hand out.


So this is Melissa, my brother's girlfriend... or as I just call her, my sister :). We're both quite crafty- she made the super cute vest she's wearing and I made my necklace. She definitely getting much more skilled with sewing than I am, but I got to teach her how to make some earrings for her mom's gift. Like I mentioned before we tend to pick up a skill and teach each other- ie knitting and crochet :)

And this one laid right down for her close-up...




This would be my brother's dog Sierra... as in Sierra Nevada beer. My brother likes beer. He even brews his own and I'm told it's quite good. I wouldn't really know. I don't drink, but when I taste it to be polite (because afterall, my brother did make it himself), I make a lovely expression. Sometimes people have me taste things just to laugh at said lovely expression.

Oh, and since this is a post about Mother's Day, you'd think I'd post a picture of me with my mother. Well, like a lot of mothers, mine puts her hands up in front of her face and doesn't allow pictures. Not for the blog specifically, just in general... so her fancy turquoise rhinestoned sandal in the top left of the last picture is all you'll see of her. But no matter what she says, she's beautiful and I intend to make her feel that way this Mother's Day  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment