Monday, May 30, 2011

Crafty Upcycling 2

So yesterday I was taking some old wilted flowers out to the green waste bin and I found something that looked like it could be useful. Some great long green grasses and a lot of them.


As I've said before, I love for things to get a second chance with a new life as something else. Enter the soup cans.


A little hot glue and some scissors to cut off the feathery end of the grasses.


And hot glued them all around.


Since there were a lot of them, I decided to make two, but try out a different method. I tried it with mod podge and some spray adhesive.


It didn't hold on quite so well. So I decided to cover the rest with fabric and secure it with rubber bands while it dried.


Then I finished it off with some cute tied raffia.






As for the first one I did, I felt that there was a bit too much hot glue showing to be pretty. So I decided to cover it with the same raffia and some hot glue.






 Trimmed the ends, add some pens, and we're done! All for the price of free- I had all the items on hand already and got to repurpose the cans and grasses. The only downside- I forgot how pleasant hot glue burns can be.  Lovely lol  :)




Linking up at:



4 comments:

  1. omg-- LOVE THIS! I am doing cake pops for my friends shower and wanted them to look like they were in grass. I bet if you put some styrofoam in the can and poked the cake pops in they would look awesome! Cute Idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kelly! Yeah, I think that would work and look totally cute! You should take some pictures and post them :)
    PS your little Solo is soo adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know this was posted a long time ago, but I thought it would be fun to comment. Realy cool blog, I love the craft ideas!

    Your cousin, P.S, you should start up on
    this blog again.
    CELIA

    ReplyDelete