Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Je Peux Coudre 3

Translation: I can sew.

I've been meaning to make this dress for a while now. I've had the pattern. I've had the fabric. But I just haven't gotten around to making it. I finally cut it out the last time I was over at my brother and his girlfriend's house. I think cutting out the pattern and fabric is so tedious, and not as gratifying as the sewing part, where you actually get to see it come together. Perhaps that's why it's hard to get started on sewing projects sometimes.

But, I was there. The table was cleared. And we were cutting out a bunch of other sewing projects. So I started this one. And this is how it turned out.


Love it when I get a natural wind machine... aka wind.



Such a fun spring/summer dress! Definitely will get a lot of wear out of this. And I love the pockets! Although I definitely spent some time looking at the pattern and pinning the pieces together, hoping I was sewing on the right parts. Luckily, I did :)

I'm wearing this pair of gorgeous emerald green dangly earrings that I just so happen to sell in my etsy shop.  Don't worry though, I changed out the ear wires before showing them off- earrings sold are never worn :)




This is the pattern I used from Butterick. Obviously I made view A. It was my first time sewing set-in sleeves. They're short sleeves, but still. And like I said, I figured out the pockets eventually. I learned how to make the bubble hem line- lots of gathers! ... Pretty much a lot of gathers on the whole garment. Also, the entire thing, except for the sleeves, is lined- so it was like 3 yards of fabric. All in all though, I think it turned out well and I'd definitely make it again :)





Linking up at:







2 comments: